4 surgeries and possibly more?

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: 4 surgeries and possibly more?
Created On: 07/05/2004 05:31 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/14/2005 10:20 AM

Author Icon
AmyLaw

I read your posts and it was as if I were reading an autobiography. I'm 23, have had 3 arthroscopies, 2 lateral releases, and recently had a TTO (knee cap re-allignment)I still can't walk or drive, after 2 months and am dealing with frustration as opposed to actual pain! It's reassuring to know that I'm not going crazy, and that everyone else here also deals with the same post op issues. I think the only thing that keeps me sane and sober is having good friends around. Thanks everyone. Amy
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 03/11/2005 11:06 PM

Author Icon
f00ngs0yj0y

I am in the same boat! I just had my 4th surgery this week. I've had 2 acl reconstructions, and 2 arthroscopies all to my right knee. I'll be turning 20 in a few months, and my knee is limiting my everyday lifestyle. I have 2 more surgeries scheduled. One to put in bone grafts from my old tunnels due to acl reconstructions, and another acl reconstruction. I, too, think I will end up with a knee replacement soon. How have you been coping?
 07/21/2004 11:59 PM

Author Icon
Hanks1206

I know what you are going through. I am now 45 and I have had 5 surgeries in the last 3 years. All to the left knee. The first one was orthoscopic to find joints rubbing together.The 2nd was a High Tibular Osteotmy or realignment of weight. After the 2nd one about 2 months later I took a step and was in severe pain. My doctor could not find problem so he did exploratory surgery, going in behind my knee and found nothing. 2 weeks later he sent me for an old x-ray and it showed the rachet piece he put in put stress on kneecap and broke off the corner of my kneecap. The 4th surgery, he went in to repair break, he did a bone graph from my hip and put in screws. One year later and my knee is back to bone on bone. I had my 5th surgery sep.2003. They did a TKR on left knee. I went through 6 months of therapy, 5 days a week. After all that my therapist notified my Dr. that there was nothing else he could do. My leg only bends 65 degrees out of 135 degrees for a normal person. And the pain is often unbearable. I know lots of people who has had TKR's and the outcome was wonderful. But my advise to you is do NOT let them do a Ostotomy, it is not worth it and it doesn't last very long. The TKR is for someone who has not had a Osteomy.
 07/06/2004 11:13 PM

Author Icon
dragonfly09

thank you. i'm trying. and i wish you luck also.
 07/06/2004 11:13 PM

Author Icon
dragonfly09

thank you. i'm trying. and i wish you luck also.
 07/06/2004 09:28 AM

Author Icon
mcintyres1

Sorry to hear about your surgeries,but hang in there.I to have had quite a few in the last four years.Three on left shoulder,two on right shoulder,one on right knee then right knee replacement.So I know just what you are going through.Plus I just had another MRI on right shoulder which showed the dye leak out into two different places,but my OS says he does not think he can do anymore for me. He said that he does not think another surgery would benefit me,that he was very thurough and could not have missed anything.Also I still walk with a cane because my foot is numb all the time from the first knee surgery,but that OS said it is nerve damage and just live with it.So hang in there,let the support of family and friends keep your mind at ease.But most of all and this is what helped me renew your faith in God.Believe me it has helped me over the last four years.Good Luck and God bless.
 07/05/2004 05:31 PM

Author Icon
dragonfly09

I'm almost 20, and have already had 4 arthroscopies. I've had 3 on my right knee (2 lateral meniscus tears, and 1 medial meniscus tear), and 1 on my left knee (medial meniscus + plica removal) within the last 4 years. Three of the surgeries were in a 14 month time span. I am doing everything the doctors tell me. I do the physical therapy, continue stretching, and all that jazz. Unfortuately now, a year after my last surgery, i am still having problems. I have sprained my left knee mulitple times, and although i do the pt and rest that the doctor perscribes, it has not healed. As a young person, i am terrified of not being able to reach my goals because of my knees. they are already limiting my activities. I am considering total knee replacement, i dont know if this is a wise idea. but i am honestly so sick and tired of the pain and the constant reinjury. has anyone else been in this same boat? or do you have any recommendations?
 07/05/2004 05:31 PM

Author Icon
dragonfly09

I'm almost 20, and have already had 4 arthroscopies. I've had 3 on my right knee (2 lateral meniscus tears, and 1 medial meniscus tear), and 1 on my left knee (medial meniscus + plica removal) within the last 4 years. Three of the surgeries were in a 14 month time span. I am doing everything the doctors tell me. I do the physical therapy, continue stretching, and all that jazz. Unfortuately now, a year after my last surgery, i am still having problems. I have sprained my left knee mulitple times, and although i do the pt and rest that the doctor perscribes, it has not healed. As a young person, i am terrified of not being able to reach my goals because of my knees. they are already limiting my activities. I am considering total knee replacement, i dont know if this is a wise idea. but i am honestly so sick and tired of the pain and the constant reinjury. has anyone else been in this same boat? or do you have any recommendations?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test