< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Pressure Ulcers
Created On: 09/07/2001 01:46 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/21/2003 08:04 PM

Author Icon
kwilson1988

I can only imagine how frustrated you are. I do have some experience with stage 4 pressure areas. The most important thing to do is keep the wound moist. Moisture is the key to a healthy healing environment. All treatments do not work for everyone. We have been through many different ones. This particular ulcer has been healing for over a year and is almost closed. Healing is a very slow process ecspecially if there are contributing medical problems. Another important thing is to try to keep the person off of the area that is open as much as possible. The wound that I spoke of above was at one time packed with a saline soaked, sterile packing strip. Once it reached stage 3, we started using a dressing called Promogran. It is a wonderful healer. The wound is now a very shallow stage 3, and on its way to complete closure. I hope this can help you at least a little. Keep your head up, you're doing a great thing for your mother-in-law.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/21/2003 07:51 PM

Author Icon
kwilson1988

Hi, from what I have learned, the important thing is to keep the wound moist. I have had experience with stage 4 pressure ulcers. The most recent wound, has been healing for over a year and is almost closed. When it was a stage 4, it was packed with a moist, sterile, packing strip. Like I said, it was very time consuming but is coming along very well. We just started using a new dressing called Promogran. It does a wonderful job! Good luck!!!
 10/04/2002 07:31 PM

Author Icon
Haddock

Hi, I'm new to this pressure ulcer thing. My brother is a quadriplegic and has been this way for 23 yrs and had never had a pressure sore. I have been trying to understand all that I can on how to heal them he has one near the scrotum in the crease of his leg and bottom. We have been taking care of this since May and it still hasn't healed. We had a wound care nurse come in and treat it but after they got all the slough out of it they couldn't do much more to it. Now it is to the bone and is about 3in deep and we are putting a aquacel rope inside it and just covering it with 4x4 guaze pads. Now that the drainage has slowed down we were told by the doctor to leave it alone as much as possible and to only change it if it gets to saturated. If you have any other solutions I would be glad to hear them and I hope this gave you some imformation.
 09/29/2002 08:17 AM

Author Icon
freendeed

I would call my local congressmen. I don't think they can send someone home with a potentially life-threatening condition. Also look for consumer health advocates in your area or on the net.
 08/16/2002 10:48 AM

Author Icon
jim8286

I know that pressure ulcer surfaces are usually an integral part of improving outcomes in regard to pressure ulcers. You may want to look into this.
 08/16/2002 10:47 AM

Author Icon
jim8286

I know that pressure ulcer surfaces are usually an integral part of improving outcomes in regard to pressure ulcers. You may want to look into this.
 09/07/2001 01:46 PM

Author Icon
Larry14571

My mother-in-law is being sent home from the hospital next week because the Doctor feels there is nothing more he can do to heal her very serious bottom ulcers. The family is not accepting that. We're not giving up and am asking for help from the public. Is there any one out there who may have had this same situation, but found a remedy. We have a hospital bed ready at home and I'm looking up things that may help us, but have not yet found a real case history with a remedy. The family would be eternally greatful if you would respond to this e:mail request. Thank you very much for any help you can give us. Larry and Elaine Mitchell

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test