< REFRESH >
Topic Title: dacons solutions
Created On: 10/16/2002 08:52 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

10/29/2003 08:52 AM

Author Icon
hnpa

The actual name is Dakin's solution. It was used to kil bacteria and is a combination of a dilute solution of chlorine bleach and boric acid. According to Clinical Practice Guidelines published by the US Health and Humans Services, for the care of pressure ulcers states,"Do not clean ulcer wounds with skin cleansers or antiseptic agents." Listed agents unclude "Betadine" and "Dakin's solution" Such cleaners are "cytotoxic (kill cells) to wound tissue."Numerous studies have documented the toxic effects of exposing wound healing cells to antiseptics.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 10/16/2002 08:52 PM

Author Icon
teamcourage

Has any one heard of dacons solution. It is an old method that some docs are bringing back especley with mrsa . IT is a soultion of sterial water bleach baking soda and I think he said a third ingrednt normaly but cant rember then to mine he had vanco the wonder anti biotic but he said very little of that. but they use it with wet to dry dressing . nad yes with the bleach it hurts like you know what even when I was druged up with lots of morphine I still had to hold back a tear and I ride bulls. I want to know more about it and have looked on the net to not avale I might be spelling it wrong any one heard of it and know how to spell it or any info on it. sorry for typos but typing one handed becuse of my other arm with the wound
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test