Wounds1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
September 20, 2021  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Bad Sunburn
Created On: 11/09/2000 02:50 PM

03/29/2006 10:27 AM

Author Icon
tsanche

quote:

Originally posted by: 30323915
Does taking a bath with baking soda help with the sunburn at all?

Take a bath in some aveeno. Comes in a cardboard package in the skincare/ lotion aisle of your grocery store. Its really soothing and will take that sting away. Once you get out of the tub immediately put on your aloe or lotion while your skin cells are still water saturated. This will help to hold that moisture in. Other than that, just got to give it time.
 05/29/2004 10:40 PM

Author Icon
Somebody294

I just got a really, REALLY bad sunburn, and it's turning orange-red. Is that like really bad? I've been taking a lot of showers and stuff because it's beginning to flake and the skin is peeling off. Oh yeah, AND IT ITCHES LIKE NO TOMORROW!!! If anyone has any advice or thinks that my burn is really serious, please tell me. Thank you for your time.
 10/07/2002 12:04 PM

Author Icon
kas517

I thought that baking soda baths was best for chicken pox, not sunburns.
 10/07/2002 12:01 PM

Author Icon

Does taking a bath with baking soda help with the sunburn at all?
 08/30/2002 02:48 PM

Author Icon
jim8286

Good point.
 08/23/2002 04:16 PM

Author Icon

I think there are mixed opinions on this one - and I don't really have a set opinion. I'm sure she didn't intentionally let her kids get burned. But in this day and age, with all that we know about melanoma and skin cancer, I would think parents should be taking more responsibility in preventing their kids from being burned so badly. All it takes is one bad sunburn to cause skin trouble...hope these kids don't suffer in the future.
 08/23/2002 10:38 AM

Author Icon
jim8286

Did you hear that they just charged a women for neglect for not having sunscreen on her kids?? I am all for protection of the health of children, of course, but isn't this a little over board?
 01/11/2001 09:21 AM

Author Icon
notshown

I don't know where you are right now, but I'd stay out of the sun-- you don't want to make it worse. I had a sunburn last year on my honeymoon and I didn't want to miss a day of snorkling, so I wore extra sun screen the next day, and it was 30SPF...by the end of the second day I had blisters all over my back, neck and backs of my legs.
 01/10/2001 11:40 AM

Author Icon
notshown

I was told that you shouldn't take a cold shower for a sunburn...it is too much of a shock for your skin. If you take a bath or something, the water should be luke warm.
 12/01/2000 04:23 PM

Author Icon

I have very fair skin and burn very easily - usually I end up taking a cold shower when I am sunburned - aloe and Noxzema are really soothing, as well...good luck!

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2021 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.