< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Professional opinion
Created On: 02/21/2005 08:02 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/22/2013 12:14 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

I am not a medical expert, so my advice is from a layperson perspective.Wounds that have not healed after two years are in a chronic phase. One reason could be a compromised immune system. It is good that you have changed your diet because diet is pivotal to health. Still, unhealthy ingedients are sometimes included in supposedly "healthy" foods. For example, corn and soy are two crops that are largely genetically modified. Some experts believe GMO's can result in undesirable health consequences. Yet, corn and soy are often deemed "healthy." If a soy or corn product does not indicate non-GMO, it probably is GMO. Therefore, read ingredients, even "healthy" crackers, baked goods, and snacks could contain soy lecithin, soy oil, canola oil, and vegetable oil (all of which are likely genetically modified unless otherwise stated).Finally, I agree with tsanche. I know this is an older post, but please get a second (and even third) opinion. It is always best to be as thorough as possble. Good luck!
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 03/29/2006 09:56 AM

Author Icon
tsanche

He insists that it will heal after TWO years of having problems? No matter how good a surgeon he is I would get a second opinion. Have you had a chance to talk about it with your gen. practitioner?
 02/21/2005 08:02 PM

Author Icon
Ashina

I had breast augmentation done in 03'. At first the it healed nicely. I did some heaving lifting and it cause an infection in the breast causing the wound to open. After being treated with antibiotics the right breast healed while the other didn't. I was given more antibiotics and the breast closed. I then suffered from a type of skin bacteria (similar to eczema) that formed all over my body. It seemed to attack the wound on my left breast reopening it. To this day (05')I am having problems with the left breast. It has closed but the skin looks thin. I have change my diet and multivitamin. The skin doesn't seem to want to heal.My plastic surgeon insists it will heal with time. I disagree. Any suggestions?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test