Wounds1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
September 15, 2019  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Venous Insufficiency
Created On: 11/25/2003 03:29 PM

07/23/2004 03:28 PM

Author Icon
sfdesigner04

Hello - I came onto this site researching another issue, but came across your posting nonetheless. I am NOT a medical professional, but work for a medical company that treats Venous Insufficiency. It's called the Closure Procedure, and uses radio frequency to close and treat the damaged vein. I'm not sure if you are a candidate for this procedure, but you can read more about it at www.vnus.com, and/or ask your doctor about it. Typically, this procedure treats venous reflux disease, the underlying cause of swollen varicose veins. The procedure takes about an hour or so, and most patients experience little to no pain or bruising with this minimally invasive / outpatient surgery.
 11/25/2003 03:29 PM

Author Icon
vanz8003

In December 2002 I posted the following: From: [email protected] Date Posted: Dec. 31, 2002 - 04:57:31 PM Message 8 of 8 I am 37 years old and a right-leg amputee (for the last 13 years). In attempting to save my right leg the doctors harvested veins from my left leg. Since that time I have slowly developed a chronic problem with my remaining left leg. My left leg swells, it is discolored(brownish-red)between my knee and ankle and the skin is paper thin and breaks easily. I also get small ulcers from time to time as-well-as lumps under the skin. This problem does not effect my foot, but it does effect all sides of my leg near my shin/calf. Pressure socks do not provide any relief, but elevation does help the swelling somewhat. Is there anything that can be done to treat or cure this problem? Please respond as soon as possible. ------------------------------------ However, no one has ever responded, one would think numerous doctors and medical professionals would read the posting and reply, obviously they only contribute to society when they are getting paid!!! Again, I am appealing to anyone who know about Venous Insufficiency and any known cures, or useful treatments - Please respond. I did hear of a vein transplant using bovine veins - does anyone know anything about this - does it work?

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.