< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Traumatic Wound
Created On: 09/03/2002 10:10 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

02/19/2005 12:09 PM

Author Icon
Dick11

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to rent a Wound Vac. The insurance company will not pay for it and I can not seem to find out how much it would cost to rent it.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 03/11/2004 05:03 PM

Author Icon
abr2443

I cut the top of my thumb. The underside. They put in ten stitches.I was told to keep covered with neosporin and a bandage. After ten days they removed the stitches. They did not hold. It had a white look to it so they told me to stay on my meds. for ten more days and to still keep neosporin and a bandage on it at all times. But it looks to me that the neosporin is keeps it to wet and that is why it is white. Should i stop using the neosporin and bandaging it so it can dry out?
 11/08/2002 04:11 PM

Author Icon

I have done this before...leather sandals can be murder on your feet if they don't fit properly. You're doing the right thing by keeping the wound clean and using neosporin and fresh bandages...you just have to give it some time and those wounds will close up - though will most likely scar for a bit. Good luck and throw away those sandals!
 09/03/2002 10:10 AM

Author Icon

I mistakenly wore a pair of leather sandals out the other night and ended up walking quite a bit more than expected. The result: the sandals effectively rubbed off quite a bit of skin on my feet and I now have an unsightly wound on my foot. Does this count as a "traumatic wound"? What is the best measure to take to treat this? I don't think it requires medical attention, but it's much worse than I've ever experienced with shoe injuries. I've been applying Neosporin and band-aids - is this enough?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test