< REFRESH >
Topic Title: treatment of stage 4 bed sore
Created On: 08/11/2001 09:48 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

02/15/2008 04:59 PM

Author Icon
johnthequad

I feel bad for your brother,I have the same exact problem,but I have been doing the same exact treatment plan except I've been doing the same BS for 2 1/2" years. I get up for two hours two daysa week,the rest of the time I sit up 2 hours(6:30-8:30) for breakfast,the Aide comes in does my morning care then I lay on my side until about 11:00. (11:00-1:00) I'm up for lunch, I have my high protien,high price also,drink.I go on my side from (1:00-4:00).I get up for supper from (4:00-6:00) then I'm on myside until 6:30 am. It start all over again. I've been a C 5/6 quad. for 32 years and had several flapsurgeries to the same area & there's no skin left for any more surgery. I tried all the Aquacel AG, Acticoat, every wound care scam products.Wound Vac sucks,$6,000.00 a month for 6 weeks.You can make the pump for $200.00,talk about Medicare or Medicaid Fraud. That's $6,000.00 a month not counting the supplies. Thank God that I'm a Vet and the V/A pays (KCI). My wife was on the Wound Vacfor almost 3 weeks & (KCI) charged her insurance company over $5,000.00. She had poor results with italso. If the product doesn't work they shouldn't get paid...I'm desperate also. I have four options:>Hyperbaric Chamber>Acupuncture>Electric Stymulation >Super GlueI'm not going to spend my third year in bed for spring & summer. I don't care what the doctor's say.Good luck, have your brother try out my suggestions, if they work out let me know. Report this to a Moderator Reply Quote Top Bottom Edit 02/11/2008 11:50 AM johnthequadPosts: 2Joined: 02/11/2008 Have you inquired about:>HYPERBARIC CHAMBER>ACUPUNCTURE>ELECTRIC STIMULATION>WOUND VAC (VERY COSTLY) SOME PEOPLE HAVE HAD RESULTS, BUT MANY HAVE HAD POOR RESULTS>AQUCEL AG Report this to a Moderator Reply Quote Top Bottom Edit Quick Reply treatment of stage 4 bed sore dock : close window FORUMS > PRESSURE ULCERS < REFRESH >
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 02/11/2008 12:50 PM

Author Icon
johnthequad

Have you inquired about:>HYPERBARIC CHAMBER>ACUPUNCTURE>ELECTRIC STIMULATION>WOUND VAC (VERY COSTLY) SOME PEOPLE HAVE HAD RESULTS, BUT MANY HAVE HAD POOR RESULTS>AQUCEL AG
 02/11/2008 12:24 PM

Author Icon
johnthequad

I feel bad for your brother,I have the same exact problem,but I have been doing the same exact treatment plan except I've been doing the same BS for 2 1/2" years. I get up for two hours two daysa week,the rest of the time I sit up 2 hours(6:30-8:30) for breakfast,the Aide comes in does my morning care then I lay on my side until about 11:00. (11:00-1:00) I'm up for lunch, I have my high protien,high price also,drink.I go on my side from (1:00-4:00).I get up for supper from (4:00-6:00) then I'm on myside until 6:30 am. It start all over again. I've been a C 5/6 quad. for 32 years and had several flapsurgeries to the same area & there's no skin left for any more surgery. I tried all the Aquacel AG, Acticoat, every wound care scam products.Wound Vac sucks,$6,000.00 a month for 6 weeks.You can make the pump for $200.00,talk about Medicare or Medicaid Fraud. That's $6,000.00 a month not counting the supplies. Thank God that I'm a Vet and the V/A pays (KCI). My wife was on the Wound Vacfor almost 3 weeks & (KCI) charged her insurance company over $5,000.00. She had poor results with italso. If the product doesn't work they shouldn't get paid...I'm desperate also. I have four options:>Hyperbaric Chamber>Acupuncture>Electric Stymulation >Super GlueI'm not going to spend my third year in bed for spring & summer. I don't care what the doctor's say.Good luck, have your brother try out my suggestions, if they work out let me know.
 10/04/2002 08:03 PM

Author Icon
Haddock

Hi, I have just went through this type if stuff with my brother he is a quadriplegic and until recently he had never had a pressure sore and when this happened we had a wound care nurse come out and take care of the wound and they debrided to get all the slough out of it and now that this is all done he has a very deep wound because when you debride it, it takes all the dead meat out of the sore and then you can start the healing process we still are treating my brothers wound and it is clean but it just won't heal are treatment is that he can only sit up 2 hours at a time and we are putting a aquacel strip in the wound and covering it with guaze for the drainage his wound is to the bone so we have to be very careful that it doesn't get a bone infection. I don't know much more to tell you but this is what we have been doin since May and it has been alot a work and still is me and my mom do all the care for him except for a nurse that comes in a looks at the wound 3 days a week and that is it. Just hope you can get more information on how to care for the wound that you have to care for. I'm still trying to find out as much information about wounds and how to care and what to treat them with my brother also has to drink protien drinks and eat alot of protien food which helps to heal wounds and vitamins. good luck
 08/11/2001 09:48 PM

Author Icon
Louise13872

what happens to a stage 4 bed sore if aggressive debridment is not performed. My mother has such a wound. She also has a weak heart and it is believed that putting her under sudation would put her at risk. Please tell me how else can a would like this be healed. thanks!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test