< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Please I need help/advice
Created On: 06/09/2006 06:05 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

07/17/2013 04:46 PM

Author Icon
marie33

Some people, especially the elderly, overlook nutrition, but this is very important to consider when healing the skin. People with chronic illnesses or ones who have GI problems sometimes fail to get the vitamins and nutrients they need, but this can affect wound healing. Vitamin A, vitamin E, and zinc are especially important to consider if you have a wound. My advice? Perhaps try a vitamin and nutrient drink like Boost. I think the taste has improved over the years, and wounds will have a better opportunity to heal in a timely manner.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/17/2013 02:16 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

I had a c-section many years ago. The wound took a while to heal, but then I was left with a sizable scar. Unfortunately, back then, they cut the skin vertically and not horizontally. As a result, I am left with a relatively unattractive, vertical scar that begins below by navel and extends for a few inches. Naturally, I wish the scar was not there, as it is not pleasant to see. Nonetheless, it still makes me sometimes smile, I guess because I realize it is there for a beautiful reason.
 10/11/2006 12:06 PM

Author Icon
Rhino

There is a new system that was developed in a contract with the Navy to transport Dolphins and sea lions in 1997 and now is being marketed to the long term health and hospital industry.It incorporates a "Fluid Immersion Simulation" --that is a lowering of the gravitational forces that are pressing down on your daughter when she is in the bed. This system lowers the vertical and horizontal sheer pressures that cause pressure ulcers and other wounds. Imagine floating on top of water in a pool without having to stay afloat. The body is 3D not 2D and this system has helped one nursing home in particular by reducing their wound rate by 80% in only two months since they started. Email me if you would like some more info. this helps
 06/09/2006 06:05 PM

Author Icon
TexasGal

My Daughter is 21 yrs old. She had a C-Section 8 months ago and has not healed yet. She has had 27 debreeding's a pinulectomy (forgive my spelling) . She went to a wound treatment facility yesterday and after another debreedment was told to clean twice a day with dry gauze and use antibotic powder and it will close....She was told this very same thing 7 month's ago... She is overweight (obese) but is not a diabetic. Please any help is needed.Thank You

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test