Wounds1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
September 15, 2019  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Compression Stockings.
Created On: 01/03/2001 11:22 AM

10/18/2002 03:26 PM

Author Icon

I've read about compression stockings for use after post vein-stripping procedures. Can you wear them as preventative measures, too?
 08/09/2002 06:35 PM

Author Icon
jim8286

I have used stockings and they worked great for me. They were a little uncomfortable at first, but then I got used to wearing them. I am glad I wore them after surgery as they had a great impact on my legs.
 01/08/2001 09:30 AM

Author Icon

I have used compression stockings before for leg surgery and also found them sometimes irritating (although effective). What worked for me was making sure that I had the proper size (I bought a L when I needed an XL) - Good luck!!
 01/03/2001 11:22 AM

Author Icon
notshown

I have been using compression stockings for venous insufficiency per my doctor's orders but I find them really uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do to make them more comfortable?

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.