< REFRESH >
Topic Title: itchy blistered skin
Created On: 05/22/2001 08:55 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/22/2001 08:55 PM

Author Icon
notshown

Posted in alt.skincareis there anybody that can offer me some hope..please! Over the last 5 years I have developed very sensitive skin when I am in the sun. It starts across my shoulders and chest and gradually spreads all over my body. Firstly I come up in bumps that are very,very itchy and then they turn to blisters, it is extremely uncomfortable and at its worst I am clawing at my skin as it is near on impossible not to scratch. I have been to the doctors and tried various steriod creams and antihistamines but I have found that they are not very helpful and the only advice that the doctor gives me is to stay out of the sun. This is not the easiest option when I have got 3 children and they want mummy to play with them on holiday etc. I have heard that a certain vitamin possibly B6 or B12 has helped other people that suffer from the same condition. Can anyone shed some light on whether this could be the answer for me or I am open to any other suggestions - I have tried Chinese Herbal medicine but that only dented my purse and did not make any difference to my skin! I wait in hope, many thanks for reading this,
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/22/2001 08:55 PM

Author Icon
notshown

Posted in alt.skincareis there anybody that can offer me some hope..please! Over the last 5 years I have developed very sensitive skin when I am in the sun. It starts across my shoulders and chest and gradually spreads all over my body. Firstly I come up in bumps that are very,very itchy and then they turn to blisters, it is extremely uncomfortable and at its worst I am clawing at my skin as it is near on impossible not to scratch. I have been to the doctors and tried various steriod creams and antihistamines but I have found that they are not very helpful and the only advice that the doctor gives me is to stay out of the sun. This is not the easiest option when I have got 3 children and they want mummy to play with them on holiday etc. I have heard that a certain vitamin possibly B6 or B12 has helped other people that suffer from the same condition. Can anyone shed some light on whether this could be the answer for me or I am open to any other suggestions - I have tried Chinese Herbal medicine but that only dented my purse and did not make any difference to my skin! I wait in hope, many thanks for reading this,
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test