How do I care for my skin?

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: How do I care for my skin?
Created On: 05/12/2001 05:54 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

10/03/2002 04:21 PM

Author Icon

you really should get to a dermatologist - there are multiple treatments they can prescribe from topical ointments to oral medications (like doxycyclin, etc.). Also, I know people have had varied results with it, but I've heard good things about the Proactiv system.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 02/07/2002 03:23 PM

Author Icon
madelin16164

i am 28 years old and at my age i have acne, i am tired of looking at my self in the mirror and seeing pimples all over my face, i have tried everything please give me some advice
 11/16/2001 05:28 PM

Author Icon
Navin15346

Hi,i'm navin and i've got a little problem which i would like to have some help with. Well once i got this really huge pimples on my nose and after poping it a bump was left on my nose... it's not a pimples.. it's like this little bump on my nose.. i'd like to know how to get it out...it's become the same colour as my skin now but it makes my nose look big.. well at least that my opinion.. and also how do i prevent razor bumps/ anyway thanks
 08/17/2001 05:00 PM

Author Icon
j14041

Go to your dermotologist and get him to prescribe Acutane. It is a true miracle drug. My daughter and her friends have tried it an it really works. You are only on it for 3 - 5 months and will never have acne again. It's incredible.
 05/15/2001 11:04 PM

Author Icon
notshown

Posted in alt.skincareHi Thought that you might like to take a look over my site to see if it can help, if you get no joy then you can contact me. Hope this helps regards Jacqui www.treatsbeauty.co.uk Darryl Licke wrote in message news > I am really getting annoyed with my skin. I inconsitently get acne in random > spots and I always have these tiny little bumps that if I squeeze this > greasy stuff comes out. Its not a pimple as scars are not left and the > pimples that I do pop unfortunately leave scars...I cant help myself. Also > if I wash my face it is left feeling dry. I use Oxy balance for sensitive > skin and a facial scrub sometimes. Any advice? > > > -- > > >
 05/15/2001 11:04 PM

Author Icon
notshown

Posted in alt.skincareHi Thought that you might like to take a look over my site to see if it can help, if you get no joy then you can contact me. Hope this helps regards Jacqui www.treatsbeauty.co.uk Darryl Licke wrote in message news > I am really getting annoyed with my skin. I inconsitently get acne in random > spots and I always have these tiny little bumps that if I squeeze this > greasy stuff comes out. Its not a pimple as scars are not left and the > pimples that I do pop unfortunately leave scars...I cant help myself. Also > if I wash my face it is left feeling dry. I use Oxy balance for sensitive > skin and a facial scrub sometimes. Any advice? > > > -- > > >
 05/13/2001 02:47 PM

Author Icon
notshown

Posted in alt.skincarePersonally, I believe the problem could be linked to your cleanser. If a cleanser is suitable for you, it will not cause your skin to feel dry after washing. Ive had such experience too, and I found that because of the initial dryness after washing, my face tried to replenish the moisture by secreting more sebum. As a result, my skin developed an glistening oily film. Also, whiteheads formed because the sebum became trapped in the pores. Many people believe that moisturising is essential after one has washed his/her face with facial cleanser, but I personally believe that if your cleanser is good, it will not leave your skin dry, and therefore you would not require a moisturiser to replenish your skins moisture level and lock in the moisture. Also, try not to use a facial scrub, especially if your skin is damaged or sensitive. Note : Ive even read from some websites that moisturisers do this differently; some draw moisture from the inner layers of the skin to the epidermis while some helps the epidermis to draw moisture from the air and locks it in. Dont know how far this is true though. But I do believe that certain moisturisers contain pore-clogging ingredients which worsen acne-prone and damaged skin. Hope this helps. Sweet Pea ----- Original Message ----- From: Darryl Licke Newsgroups: alt.skincare Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 1:54 AM Subject: How do I care for my skin? > I am really getting annoyed with my skin. I inconsitently get acne in random > spots and I always have these tiny little bumps that if I squeeze this > greasy stuff comes out. Its not a pimple as scars are not left and the > pimples that I do pop unfortunately leave scars...I cant help myself. Also > if I wash my face it is left feeling dry. I use Oxy balance for sensitive > skin and a facial scrub sometimes. Any advice? > > > -- > > >
 05/13/2001 02:47 PM

Author Icon
notshown

Posted in alt.skincarePersonally, I believe the problem could be linked to your cleanser. If a cleanser is suitable for you, it will not cause your skin to feel dry after washing. Ive had such experience too, and I found that because of the initial dryness after washing, my face tried to replenish the moisture by secreting more sebum. As a result, my skin developed an glistening oily film. Also, whiteheads formed because the sebum became trapped in the pores. Many people believe that moisturising is essential after one has washed his/her face with facial cleanser, but I personally believe that if your cleanser is good, it will not leave your skin dry, and therefore you would not require a moisturiser to replenish your skins moisture level and lock in the moisture. Also, try not to use a facial scrub, especially if your skin is damaged or sensitive. Note : Ive even read from some websites that moisturisers do this differently; some draw moisture from the inner layers of the skin to the epidermis while some helps the epidermis to draw moisture from the air and locks it in. Dont know how far this is true though. But I do believe that certain moisturisers contain pore-clogging ingredients which worsen acne-prone and damaged skin. Hope this helps. Sweet Pea ----- Original Message ----- From: Darryl Licke Newsgroups: alt.skincare Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 1:54 AM Subject: How do I care for my skin? > I am really getting annoyed with my skin. I inconsitently get acne in random > spots and I always have these tiny little bumps that if I squeeze this > greasy stuff comes out. Its not a pimple as scars are not left and the > pimples that I do pop unfortunately leave scars...I cant help myself. Also > if I wash my face it is left feeling dry. I use Oxy balance for sensitive > skin and a facial scrub sometimes. Any advice? > > > -- > > >
 05/12/2001 05:54 PM

Author Icon
notshown

Posted in alt.skincareI am really getting annoyed with my skin. I inconsitently get acne in random spots and I always have these tiny little bumps that if I squeeze this greasy stuff comes out. Its not a pimple as scars are not left and the pimples that I do pop unfortunately leave scars...I cant help myself. Also if I wash my face it is left feeling dry. I use Oxy balance for sensitive skin and a facial scrub sometimes. Any advice? --
 05/12/2001 05:54 PM

Author Icon
notshown

Posted in alt.skincareI am really getting annoyed with my skin. I inconsitently get acne in random spots and I always have these tiny little bumps that if I squeeze this greasy stuff comes out. Its not a pimple as scars are not left and the pimples that I do pop unfortunately leave scars...I cant help myself. Also if I wash my face it is left feeling dry. I use Oxy balance for sensitive skin and a facial scrub sometimes. Any advice? --

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test