< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Open fractures - Skin healing
Created On: 11/06/2004 02:18 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/13/2014 02:49 AM

Author Icon
josephweiler

After surgery our body takes some time to heal and gain complete sensation.Similarly wounds also take some time to recover and this is the reason why doctors don't give that much attention. But this seems to be a different problem,a similar problem happens with me after complete knee replacement surgery.Read more..

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 09/22/2013 12:33 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

My sister fell a few years back and was left with a displaced elbow fracture. Surgery was performed about a week after the injury, and rods and screws were placed in her arm. Alarmingly, intense sweling and discoloration occurred in her wrist area. The doctor kept telling her this was normal, but the problem only got worse instead of better. As it later came to light, she had developed RSD from either the injury or surgery. In short? Always seek out another opinion if you believe a wound is not healing as it should; it will better put your mind at ease.

11/06/2004 02:18 PM

Author Icon
zikomo

I had open fractures 17 months ago to my left forearm. Screws and plates were fitted and the bones healed no problem. However, the skin is still healing where the bones came through. The "holes" were left for the skin to grow back itself, but I'd like to hear from others who've had open fractures and how long it took theirs to heal. How was your skin treated?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.