06/03/2011 05:07 PM

Author Icon
llin

I tried. not very good for me.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 03/30/2011 12:08 PM

Author Icon
gracewang

Good question Lu! I also wanna know about the answer!!
 03/30/2011 11:12 AM

Author Icon
llin

Is it useful for every person? For how long i can tell whether it is useful or not?
 02/27/2002 12:38 PM

Author Icon
David16422

Has anyone heard of the TI Stimulator by Therapeutic Innovations? I recently received some info on this product from my doctor.
 01/17/2002 07:52 PM

Author Icon

Moist wound healing principles are being applied to almost every wound these days - from surgical sites, to cuts and scrapes. The cells that are involved in healing can't travel over dry areas. So, for the cells to function properly, they must be in a moist environment. If you look at a "scab" it is a dry covering. Underneath that "scab" a flurry of activity is going on in a moist environment. With the new dressings we have available, we try to create a moist environment to promote more rapid healing. This works with wounds that are draining heavily (we use dressings that absorb excess moisture) and dry wounds (we use dressings that will add moisture, or maintain a moist environment. So, to answer your question - moist wound healing is definitely the way to try and heal a wound.
 10/18/2001 08:24 PM

Author Icon
george14829

Moist wound dressings do work, tkae it from me. I had a gaping wound about 2 inches long as the result if a surgical incision. Within two weeks of Opsite post op [smith-nephew] it was down to 1inch but still with a small amount of exudate. The community health nurse here in Newfoundland switched to Aquacel dresing[convtec][I don't know the smith-nephew equivalent]Now ther is only a trace of exudate and the wound is all but healed.Keep in mind that my incision wound was in a cast for eight weeks and was infected when tha cast was removed, George
 09/09/2001 10:24 PM

Author Icon
Shana14604

I also have heatd that moist wound dressing is the best for healing wounds with little or no drainage. Is this true and what kind of moist dressing needs to be used for best results?
 01/10/2001 11:49 AM

Author Icon
notshown

I keep reading all this about Moist Wound Dressings and how they are supposed to be effective..do they really work?
 01/10/2001 11:49 AM

Author Icon
notshown

I keep reading all this about Moist Wound Dressings and how they are supposed to be effective..do they really work?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.