< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Frequently Asked Questions
Created On: 04/05/2002 08:02 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

07/22/2013 05:10 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

I looked up the V.A.C. system and was quite impressed. It is also called Negative Wound Pressure Therapy. V.A.C. deals with a macrostrain and microstrain science. The macrostrain draws wound edges together, aids in complete wound bed contact, and helps remove infectious agents. The microstrain works to reduce edema (among other things). The promotional material said that V.A.C. therapy, when used along with V.A.C. GranuFoam dressings, results in advanced wound healing. Has anyone ever tried this combination?

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 04/26/2005 08:25 PM

Author Icon
drgibson123

How did you pay for it? How much did it cost? I had one for my mother and the machine was $400 a day. Fifteen thousand dollars later the wound had healed beautifully.
 05/30/2003 05:32 PM

Author Icon
PURPLEJENN119

I recently had the opportunity to use the VAC system and was very pleased with the results. I had a patient who had a stage IV ulcer on her right heel for about 18 months when she came to us. She was very compromised and was malnourished, in advanced renal failure, as well as being a diabetic. She had multiple debridements and flap closures, all of which produced no results. Her primary doctor said it would never heal, but her family did not accept this. They heard a presentation by a KCI rep and requested this therapy. After discussion with the care plan team, a feeding tube was placed to improve her nutritional status(thereby increasing her chances of wound healing), her dialysis was increased, and a final debridement was done. The VAC was placed and the wound showed dramatic improvement. She also had a wound culture and was placed on the appropriate antibiotics. This wound that would never heal finally closed after 2 years, with just 5 months of therapy with the VAC system.
 05/18/2003 12:18 AM

Author Icon
PP

You can also check information on localized negative pressure at www.blueskymedical.com. They have inexpensive solutions.
 05/18/2003 12:18 AM

Author Icon
PP

You can also check information on localized negative pressure at www.blueskymedical.com. They have inexpensive solutions.
 08/23/2002 10:45 AM

Author Icon
jim8286

there is a good deal of information on the vac therapy on wounds1.com, medtech1.com and also on the kci1.com web site. good luck!
 04/05/2002 08:02 PM

Author Icon
tdee

Would appreciate info on the vaccuum treatment for heel ulcer.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.