< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Burn mark recovery
Created On: 07/01/2010 09:45 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

10/15/2013 12:06 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

Marie, even though it appeared as if the burn wounds were similiar in size and shape, it does make sense that they could heal differently. For example, one wound may have only affected the epidermis (thin, outer skin layer), and the other may have extended down to the dermis (middle layer). In addition, your immune system might have been stronger when you sustained the burn that went away. In fact, there are different variables as to why some wounds heal better than others. I hope this helps:-)
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 04/29/2013 05:32 PM

Author Icon
marie33

I agree that different people heal differently. Some individuals sustain cuts and/or burns and end up with terrible scarring, while others maintain similar wounds and heal nicely.Even so, does it make sense that two burn scars I received from the stove at different times went on to heal differently? The burns were similar in intensity and size. However, one scar completely faded, and the other one did not. Could the vitamins I was taking at the time account for the disparity? Strange!
 04/18/2013 12:10 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

I completely agree, sometimes people heal from similar injuries in different ways.I underwent heart surgery when I was a child. Thankfully, the operation went well, but I was left with a visible scar that remains until this day. My dad had emergency heart surgery several years back. Remarkably, his scar faded within one to two hears. Naturally, you would think a child would be the one to heal better, but this was not the case. Actually, I was quite happy for my dad (he has since passed). I am glad he did not have to deal with an obvious scar.
 07/01/2010 09:45 AM

Author Icon
kho1

I have a question regarding burn mark healing. I have come to notice that some burn marks are more likely to heal on their own depending on the individuals. I know two children who are both burnt by hot water, one is now perfectly fine with no scar; one has severe scars, and had to receive treatment or even plastic surgery. I guess first aid and treatment after the burn is very important, but I do believe that different people has different skin recovery abilities, what do you think?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Wound News
Feature Story
Wounds Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
Wound Assessment
Pressure Ulcer Center
Skin Care Guide
Nutrition Guide
Dr. Wayne Caputo  Uterus
 Hero™

Dr. Wayne Caputo:
Revolutionizing Treatment of Ulcers.
About Heroes
 Community
Wounds1 Forums
 Reference
Ask an Expert
Locate a Burn Center
Reference Library
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.